Marsala trip planner
The sweet wine of Marsala, Sicily
TK [[[There are plenty of wineries in Marsala that welcome visitors for tours (and tastes!) of their famous sweet, fortified wines. I promise to highlight a few of the best tours soon—but really, you only need drive down the main road past the warehouse-like properties, looking for signs welcoming you in.
[[[There's also a really cool musuem—Museo Archeologico Regionale Baglio Anselmi (tel. +39-0923-952-535)—in one of the old winery warehouses on Via Capo Lilibeo. The museum was created to house the preserved remains of a punic warship (and related archaeological oddments) which sank off the nearby coast in the late 3rd century BC and was discovered in 1971. The museum is open Tuesday to Sunday 9am to 7pm, Monday 9am to 1:30pm. (Adm)
- How long? 0.5 days
- Tourist office: www.comune.marsala.tp.it and www.trapaniwelcome.it.
- Hotels: Recommended hotels. Booking services: Booking.com, Venere.com, Airbnb.com, Bedandbreakfast.com.
- Best way to to get there: Marsala is on the Western coast of Sicily, just 33km (21 miles) south of Trapani. If you are not driving, the best way to get there is by bus or less-frequent regional train.
- Sights & wineries in Marsala
- Hotels in Marsala
- Restaurants in Marsala
- Marsala planning FAQ
- Marsala homepage
- More sights in Western Sicily
Via XI Maggio 100
• Palermo Shore Excursion: Segesta, Erice and Marsala Day Trip
Hotels in Marsala
This article was written by Reid Bramblett and was last updated in August 2012. All information was accurate at the time.
about | contact | faq
» THE REIDSITALY.COM DIFFERENCE «
Copyright © 2008–2013 by Reid Bramblett. Author: Reid Bramblett